Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SOMETHING didn't work

Tonight I tried this Best Vegan Mac and Cheese in the Entire World ... Seriously recipe. (I just made half a batch, and added carmelized onions and sauteeed mushrooms and onions. It was kind of tasty, but totally overwhelmed by the flavour of soya sauce. Disappointing. Maybe I'll try it again someday and seriously cut back on just that one ingredient.

Help me feel better - what's your most dismal cooking flop??? Bring out your most aggressive one-upmanship tendencies, please!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once made a curried squash and salmon recipe I found in a Nigella Lawson cookbook. It looked and sounded good in theory. In reality, the kids ran from the room and even we adults couldn't eat it. I think I may have gagged. I had to throw away the whole huge pot of it!

Second runner up was a pear, gorgonzola and frisee salad that I made this summer. Looked all very gourmet on the plate, but I overlooked the fact that none of us actually like blue cheese. I took a photo of it in my food stylist mode. When my daughter uploaded it onto my computer she labelled it "The Salad Never to Be Made Again." At least it looked nice! Marlene

Eclecta said...

Dear Marlene,

It heartens me that even a "Martha" such as yourself (and I mean that in the most reverential way) could have these stories. Thanks so much for sharing! It made me feel better! :)

C.