Monday, March 24, 2008

Random

Songs that have been in my head lately (for no apparent reason):

  • "I've Been in Love Before" by Cutting Crew
  • "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan
  • "O Canada" (very weird ... for a few minutes I was wondering, "What is this song???" Definitely carrying patriotism too far.)
  • "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight," also by Cutting Crew (funny ... I didn't realize I was such a fan)
  • "Runaway" by Bon Jovi

Questions I have asked myself lately:
  • Does "dairy" include goat milk and cheese?
  • Hey, whatever happened to sweater sets?
  • Why does no one name their kid "Saffron" any more?
  • Why have I never met anyone named "Saffron"?
  • Did anyone ever really name their kid "Saffron"?
  • Why do so many cemetery monuments look so phallic?
  • Why does a possible building fire smell like burnt toast?
  • Aside from my cats, what else would I like to have outside the building in case this is a real fire? (Answer: my cell phone [just for practical reasons], a hat, gloves. I already had my wallet tucked in my winter coat.)
  • Will I ever forgive myself for leaving my cats in the apartment if this is a real fire? (In my defense, they don't really let me catch them while that god-awful siren is blaring.)
  • Who cooks at 3:30 in the morning, and why did they burn their food so badly as to set off the fire alarms and send the rest of the building out into the cold night???
  • If I were stranded on a remote island and could have only one herb or spice, which one would I want? (Answer: oregano, but with deep regret that I couldn't also have rosemary. And garlic. Ooh, and cayenne!)
  • What spice can I add to this mulligatawny to enrich its flavour? (Answer: nutmeg. The result was something of which I felt I could be truly proud.)
  • Do I post too many videos on this blog?
  • Which Gifts of Hope should I buy with the $135 raised by my party this past weekend?
  • Why are rubber boots considered fashionable these days? (I'm a farm kid; I associate them with mucking out a pig barn.)
  • OMG, how excited is Zen going to be that George Michael will be touring North America again???

More questions, chocolate cake version:
  • Would chocolate cake for breakfast really be so bad for me? (It is Easter, after all.)
  • Would another piece of chocolate cake be so bad for me?
  • Will I be able to zip up my pants in a few days if I have yet another piece of chocolate cake right now?
  • Why does this chocolate cake taste better and moister each time I have a piece? Isn't it supposed to go stale?
  • If I freeze the chocolate cake (in self-defense), will it get freezer burn? Is this a risk I’m willing to take? Do I really have a choice here???
  • How long would it take to defrost a piece of chocolate cake?
  • How many times have I thought of chocolate cake today?
  • Am I going to need some methadone in order to stop eating chocolate cake?

Final random question for tonight:
  • Am I the ultimate egocentric in finding these points amusing and/or interesting?

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

My sister sent me a list of tour dates yesterday and I can't wait! I saw him live in 1988 when I was a freshman in HS! Then I met him at a cd signing in 2004, can't believe this will only be the 2nd time I'm seeing him in concert if I manage to get tickets. I'm hoping to get tickets for NYC, Philly, maybe even Vegas or LA! Thanks for thinking of me :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a BIG fan of chocolate cake for breakfast. I think it stems from the fact that when I was growing up with 6 siblings, if you didn't eat the cake in the morning you weren't going to get any leftovers. That and my dad likes it for breakfast, too (with vanilla ice cream!). Your brother thinks I'm nuts and looks at me askew whenever I partake in this delectibe morning treat.