Saturday, March 08, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful ...

Driving around the city this morning was a little tricky, but I have my groceries for the next few days and even got my car tested for its regular emissions testing so I can renew its license on Monday. I love this interchange:

Eclecta: So how did it do?
Mechanic: It’s a Honda, of course it passed.

Oh, and another one:

Mechanic: Did you just drive up that hill over there?
Eclecta: Umm, yeah.
Mechanic: Wow, only one other guy has been able to drive up that hill all morning!
Eclecta [with satisfaction and a little chest-puffing]: Heh!

Anyway, another snowstorm is hitting southern Ontario as I speak. The wind has really picked up since this morning, but since I no longer have to go out into it, I feel cozy and secure, enjoying looking out at the beautiful power of Nature and feeling very, very grateful. I have a couple of DVDs to watch, some sorting to do, some cooking/baking, some reading, some meditating, etc. so I could really be holed up here until June. It’s the perfect afternoon to putter and relax to the music by artists like Sade, Michael Jones, and Pink Martini.

I wonder about you, friends and Internet vagabonds, and how you’ll spend this afternoon, maybe holed up from the same storm, or in a place of the world where there is no storm. Wherever you may be, I hope you are safe, warm, and happy.

No comments: