Wednesday, November 07, 2007

In praise of mundanity

Is "mundanity" a word? I've gone to the gym again tonight (Woop woop!) but now too tired to look it up ... surely I get points for blogging anyway? :-D

The last few days have been blissfully uneventful: no dealing with crises or spats; I'm getting lots done at work; I'm slowly getting back into shape and able to spend more time on the eliptical machine each day; I'm starting to read all those books I recently bought; I'm connecting with long-lost friends and keeping tabs on current ones via Facebook; I'm flirting with poison ivy while communing with nature ... Nothing earth-shattering, and that is why I'm enjoying it so much. Now it feels like I can be more proactive rather than constantly reacting and scrambling. It's a great place to find myself once again.

I don't know how long it'll last, but I'm learning to live in the moment, and I'm so deeply grateful for this one.

No comments: