Friday, November 30, 2007

Baby hugs are the sweetest


DSC_0036
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Friends and Internet vagabonds, I apologize for my absence. Yesterday I flew to Seattle to spend time with my brother, sister-in-law, and my adorable niece and nephew. Today was spent getting to know the twins again (or, rather, letting them get to know me again), and also hanging out with their nanny, Courtney, while Joe and Lisa were at work.

Courtney is awesome, by the way - I couldn't be happier with the care Reece and Lorelai receive from her. But the big deal of the day was just relating to the babies in a way that wasn't possible when they were younger. They both now respond to me, and warmed up to me pretty quickly (Reece apparently is quite reserved with strangers). We played and read and cuddled and ate all day - but the hugs! The HUGS! are to die for, they are so meltingly warm and loving. If I could store this kind of energy in a bottle, we would have world peace, my friends.

Stay tuned for more ...

No comments: