Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

It was a great catch-up weekend. Friday I met some friends for a drink in the Entertainment District (on my way there I saw some university student pathetically high on something and totally abandoned by her friends. I really hope that taxi just took her home …).

Saturday morning, I met long-neglected friends Ryan and Isabelle for brunch at a crepe place. They brought their 16-month-old daughter, Audrey, who regarded me with suspicion for most of the time. She’s got the “stranger danger” thing down cold … but she was sooooo cute with her polka-dot tights and wide blue eyes! I hope to post photos later.

After having a savoury crepe (cucumber, hummus, peppers, artichokes, and about 8 other vegetables) and then a sweet crepe (strawberries, drizzled with chocolate sauce), I promptly went back to bed as soon as I got home and slept for two hours. Errands, 60 minute workout on the elliptical at the gym, laundry, fall back into bed. Thus went my Saturday night. Oh, my friend Wendy and I tried to get in touch by phone, but that didn't work out so well because of the time difference between Toronto and Wellington, N.Z. - but hopefully we'll be able to catch up for a "goss" really soon ...

Today was a little bit of work (several implementations, and I wanted to be available), some web-surfing, gym for another 60 minutes on the elliptical while listening to podcasts from The Hour with George Stroumbolopoulous, steam room, whirlpool, cooking, cleaning, blogging. There you have it!

So, friends and Internet vagabonds - now that I have anesthetized you with the details of my rather mundane weekend, help me live vicariously by telling me all the exciting things that you've been up to!

2 comments:

Abi said...

Ooo... that invitation is just too tempting to resist, I've just had a very exciting week!

Tuesday: went indoor skiing and fortunately remembered how to after 5 years. Wednesday: meal out with friends. Thursday: Continued my Transactional Analysis night class. Friday: Went to the Turkish Baths in Harrogate (bliss!). Saturday: saw Ranulph Fiennes talk in the Lake District and caught up with friends. Sunday: Went to White Scar caves to look at some... well caves and then found a shop that sold the most perfect well priced waterproof trousers that I have been looking for, for a year!

:)

Eclecta said...

Hey Abi! Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your comment!

What on earth is indoor skiing, and how does one go about doing it? Is it like cross-country, downhill, ???

What is transactional analysis? Is that something to do with IT, or is it more interpersonal?

Turkish Baths ... wow, that sounds fantastic!

This Ranulph Fiennes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranulph_Fiennes

All in all, it sounds like a most intriguing and happy week! I'm so glad for you!!!! :->