Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Greetings from space camp


DSC_0128
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Folks, I am *BEAT* tonight. Once I arrived home last night, it took about three hours for me to wind down (must've been all that sugar I ate while in transit; damn, it's hard to eat well while travelling!), but I still got up and went to work this morning. Even had a couple of successful meetings this afternoon. But as far as blogging goes - the creative juices are a little dry (just be glad you didn't receive the parody of "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" that I sent to Tracy, Monika, and Lisa tonight ... finally and utterly destroying any of their remaining illusions of my "coolness". Oh well, it was nice being their friend while it lasted. LOL)

BUT! I'm pleased to report that I finally got my card with the Toronto Public Library after work today! I already feel smarter! Not that I actually withdrew any books, as I have about 17 books at home that are open to one page or another, but now I can order a book from any branch, just in case I have an urgent need for a book but don't want to buy it. I know Melissa will be happy with me for this, both because I now have a library card, and because I just used our motto, "Just in Case". I have to nurture my remaining friendships assiduously after the "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon" mishap. :)

By the way, in the last week, I've found out that both my friend Stephanie and my co-worker Stephen are expecting twins (with their respective partners). I'm not sure whether it's just that when you start looking for something, it suddenly appears everywhere (like how I suddenly saw orange tabby cats in one commercial after another after I got my cat Sabrina), but if you're procreational (yes, I just made that word up) and your name is some variant of Steph-, I'd be nervous if I were you!

Okay, leaving you with a photo of my perfect and adorable niece. Look at those scrumptious cheeks and those Reubenesque wrist rolls!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I still think you're cool. :) Can't speak for Monika though, since her own parody songwriting prowess is so advanced.

Eclecta said...

Do you think she will be more tolerant if I make it known that she'd inspired me???? They say imitiation (or attempt at it) is the sincerest form of flattery! :->