Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another day as a culture vulture

Today, my mother and I spent a few hours at the Goderich Celtic Roots Festival. We both had a great time. Neither of us had been to a Celtic festival before. From what I can tell, the real focus of this particular festival was traditional music - Celtic or "Celtic-inspired".

I was surprised and impressed how many people my age were there performing, playing harps and violins and keyboards and accordions and who knows what else. I thought it was great that people my age are helping to keep these musical traditions alive, and building on them.

When I'm not quite so tired, I'll do some research about one of the performing acts (a young married couple from Montreal) that was outstanding. If I find a website for them, I'll update this post. In the meantime, I hear a pillow calling my name ... :)

No comments: