Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm ready to live right and stop sleeping around!

This morning, when I woke up, one of the first thoughts that ran through my head was, “Boy, I sure am ready to stop sleeping around!” This thought made me laugh to myself.

Let’s recap the highlights of the past month, shall we? I:

  • Met with my friend Melissa for a three-day whirlwind tour of New York, New Jersey, and Baltimore;
  • Had a photo shoot with Steph and Dom for their engagement photos;
  • Drove six hours round trip in a single day for a family reunion;
  • Traveled to Seattle for an extended long weekend to visit with my brother, his wife, and my adorable niece and nephew;
  • Traveled to my parents’ place this weekend to pick up my cats and to attend the Goderich Celtic Roots Festival;
  • Attended a birthday party;
  • Went to see “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” performed in High Park;
  • Finished up a photography course;
  • Worked at my job, aside from weekends and 5 vacation days;
  • Etc., etc.

As you can tell, I am really very lucky to have so many dear ones and such cool opportunities. I have had a fantastic time and there is nothing in the list above that I regret. But let me tell you, I am ready for this schedule to slow down. It will in fact slow down because I know I can’t keep up this pace any more.

There are no more trips scheduled for the foreseeable future. I can camp out in my own little bed with my books, my comforts, and my cats. That? Is bliss.

My photography course is finally over, thank goodness, so that’s one night a week I now have back. Just in time, too, because I need to get back into going to the gym; my muscles are weaker than they’ve been in a long time, and my upper back is quite seized up. And let’s not get into how my clothes feel tighter after all the sugar, fat, and other crap I’ve eaten because I was traveling, short on time, or simply too tired.

I don’t mean to whine; it’s just more an expression of how the pendulum must swing back from one extreme to another in order for me to find the balance somewhere in between. Friends and Internet vagabonds, I sure am looking forward to finding my equilibrium again. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home!

Eclecta said...

Yes, but even home is having its problems these days ... sigh.