Tuesday, August 28, 2007

... and in with the new

Today, new roommate: Jamie!

Just for a short time, most likely, but I'm very glad to have her here.

However, I have to say it IS weird on at least a few levels. For example, I didn't meet her until a few months ago, though I was a regular reader on her blog for many months if not more than a year beforehand. Eventually, though, I contacted her and she accepted my offer of dinner - and the rest is history! We've been through a lot together over the last few months, and yet there have been a lot of laughs. Jamie's had more than her fair share hard knocks lately, and yet she isn't all about herself, and often shows me more empathy than I would give myself.

Another way that this is weird is how quickly things have changed. Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a different roommate, and her moving out wasn't even a consideration for either of us. Now she's back in Kenya, and someone else is living in her room.

Life is about change, I know. Such dramatic changes make me wonder what else the future holds ... :)

No comments: