Friday, August 31, 2007

A lovely person with a heartwarming story to share


DSC_0244
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

See this lovely person? Her name is Alana, and she is very cool.

She is also training to be a birth coach. Not a midwife, but a birth coach. For her it is a volunteer job, spending time with a woman in labour and her partner, providing support and assistance. Read about her experience during a training session last night:

Yes, I’m really honoured to be able to volunteer as a birth coach. It was a wonderful birth too - the couple previously had had a stillborn and two miscarriages, so when their son came out 7 pounds 10 ounces of perfection, I felt pure gladness in my heart for them! They were absolutely lovely people, that child has chosen well who to come into the world to.
I was so touched by this story that I asked her if I could blog about it. Her response: “Sure, go ahead! It’s a beautiful story, I agree, one that should be shared.”

I hope you agree with us. :)

No comments: