Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The parental visit


The parental visit
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Yesterday my parents visited me in the big city for a brief overnight stay. Here they are in my living room (the weird metal thing between them and hovering over my dad is a floor lamp). My dad looks highly suspicious of my camera.

Today, my mom helped me with a lot of the remaining spring cleaning, and even cleaned my bike for me, which was rusting out on my balcony without me realizing it. So now my bike and my kitchen gleam.

Last night, we went out for dinner to the Baton Rouge. I generally don't eat a lot of pork, but the baby back ribs are amazing, and so are the garlic n’ bacon mashed potatoes. I have been to this restaurant several times, sometimes with large groups of people, and I have never heard of anyone having a bad meal there. So it’s a great place to bring visiting parents. Unless they’re vegetarian. Or Jewish. Or Muslim. Hunh. I guess you’re on your own then! :)

No comments: