Thursday, May 25, 2006

Abi's brilliance

WAY back in 1999, the company I worked for at the time sent me on a 9-week course to learn Visual Basic (which I have never used since). There, I made a wonderful friend named Abi, who is English.

Through the years we have kept in touch (if sporadically), and the other day she sent me a link to her pics on Flickr.

I love Abi. I love her for her decency as a human being, her honesty, her vulnerability, her restlessness, and her brilliant intelligence and wit.

Below is an amazing example of the aforementioned wit, which I begged her to allow me to share with all of you. It's a picture on her Flickr site, and the comments she added to it are frickin' awesome.

"An 800 year old tree in Sherwood Forest that needs a bit of help to stay upright.

I can't decide whether it's a good thing or not, a tree on life support... "

Oh, Abi, you make me laugh!!!! :->

No comments: