Tuesday, May 23, 2006

At the Kortright Centre for Conservation


My hiking buddies
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

My dear friend Nancy and I decided to visit the Kortright Centre for Conservation on Victoria Day, and Nancy invited her friends Mark and Michelle to join us. (Lovely and interesting people!) It was a great day, meandering for several hours along the trails, enjoying the mix of terrains and landscapes in a single conservation area, and learning how to use my new camera! (To see more photos from yesterday, click here.)

One of the many reasons that I love Nancy is that she is truly in touch with her inner child; in this photo you can see the long branch that she chose to drag behind her for about half an hour as she walked - just because. :->

The Kortright Centre is a great place to go - lots of trails, quite a few different habitats to see in a relatively small area, wildlife to watch, and various demos of conservation techniques to learn from. I will definitely be returning in the fall (if not sooner for kite-flying!).

No comments: