Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back again

It’s been a long time since I’ve added any postings to this site – I apologize for the absence!

I was feeling pretty run down (three sinus infections in less than three months, for instance), and I was dragging myself towards my two-week vacation! The plan was for me to stay in town, save myself some money (for a vacation in Europe next year), but go on lots of little day trips to scenic places around the city for lots of hiking and biking. I’d relax, be refreshed, and get fit. And then I saw the long-range forecast for the first week of my vacation:























And let me just say folks, that forecast was disappointingly accurate.

So in the first week of my vacation, I’ve gone to the gym almost every day (a very good thing) and completed about 80% of the spring cleaning for my apartment (cleaning out closets, throwing out/giving away/recycling tons of stuff, moving furniture to attack mutant dust bunnies, packing away winter clothing, etc.). The good news is that I can now view any closet in my apartment (or the storage closet in the creepy basement) with pride. The bad news is that half of my vacation is gone, and I feel I only have clean closets and lactic acid burn in my muscles to show for it! LOL (Actually, I have painted a cabinet, made copious amounts of chicken a la king for the freezer, completely restocked my kitchen with groceries, visited with a few friends, read a couple of books, watched Pride and Prejudice about 5 times, researched and bought a new digital camera, researched for upcoming trip to Chicago + shopped for flights, etc.)

Well, now that my obsession with cleaning is almost at an end (and better weather ahead), I should have more exciting things to blog about in the next week!

No comments: