Monday, May 29, 2006

Anthem for the Independent Woman

I found my anthem yesterday on the new Dixie Chicks CD, Taking the Long Way (be sure to follow this link and watch the video clip). I fell in love with the song, "The Long Way Around," the first time I heard it. It's got a catchy tune and Natalie Maines' voice isn't too sharp or nasal on this track (there are a few other songs on this CD of which this cannot be said, but there are enough good tunes to make it worth the investment). But the best - the BEST - part about this song is its lyrics, and how it captures the spirit of the independent woman. You can find them here.

This may sound a little silly, but I would like to dedicate this post to my fellow non-conformist, phenomenal woman, and wonderful friend, Leslie-Ann. :->

No comments: