Thursday, April 24, 2008

Total randomness

Sunlight falling on freshly-leaved trees is delightful.

Why does a teenager in Ontario have to wait until age 19 to drink legally, but can wear cologne or aftershave without age restrictions? Because some of these kids seriously don't know how to apply the stuff in lower than noxious levels. It's seriously dangerous to innocent passers-by.

Just two or three days ago, for no apparent reason, I was thinking of friends from my university days, Doug and Loralie, now married and living in Alberta, and I was wishing that their Facebook accounts had better pictures of their three kids, just so I could see what they looked like and who they resembled. Just idle curiosity + love, ya know? And this morning, I saw that Loralie had just posted some lovely photos of her family. Coincidence or serendipity?

Will Hillary Clinton please just go away now? Just. Go. Away. I used to admire your resilience, but now you're like the incessant and charmless salesman who will not let go. John Cole (via Mahablog) says it better:

Hillary’s campaign now seems to boil down to her playing the role of Lucy, with little more than catcalls that Obama “can not close the deal.” “Sure,” she seems to say, “he has kicked my ass in every measurable metric this campaign, but why, oh why can he just not finish me off? Clearly that means you should make me the nominee.”

Regardless, Hillary’s vanity campaign will continue on, trailing in delegates, trailing in the popular vote, trailing in enthusiasm and money, but not lacking in the firm resolve that only Hillary can save us all from our selves. I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to more Clintonian triangulation and McCain worship and plans to nuke Iran over the next two weeks as we wait for the super-delegates and the voters of North Carolina and Indiana to break out the wreath of garlic and wooden stakes so we can finally be rid of this menace.

Finally, tomorrow is Friday. Hurray for weekends!!!!!

No comments: