Sunday, April 06, 2008

Shut up and sing

Tonight I collapsed in a heap and finally watched Shut Up and Sing, a documentary about the Dixie Chicks after they were boycotted for saying something anti-Bush at a concert in the U.K. It kind of flips around from one time period to another, but otherwise it's very good. It was inspiring to me to see these smart, independent women believing in themselves and each other and going their own way. They're not perfect, but they don't need to be. They are tough cookies. Two thumbs up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them. Hate "him" So much for a free nation! NOT!!

SJ

Anonymous said...

It did take you a LONG while to see this one!

I saw it when it first came out (a few years ago....)

I'm not really a big fan of country-esque music; worried about that in choosing it to see;

But I found the band members to be thoughtful and interesting and enjoyed the title track; which made me check out their other stuff...

Some of which is not bad.

Anonymous said...

LOL, above commment is from me (aka James (fode). I accidently posted annonymously!