Saturday, September 22, 2007

Old Faithful

I cannot tell you the number of times I have seen The Thomas Crown Affair with Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo. And yet each time, it stands up and faithfully delivers the drama, romance, and humour that enables me to watch it time after time. I love the clever balancing of the two lead characters; they are true equals. And I love Renee Russo's character - she is clever, independent, and vibrantly alive. I want to be her.


So talk to me - what's your favourite/standby movie, and why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sideways - with Paul Giamatti (sp?) and Thomas Hayden Church. Also, Love Actually (reminds me that I haven't watched it in ages...)

Eclecta said...

Sideways was good, with some really funny moments. What was the wine he really objected to? Was it a merlot?

I really enjoyed Love, Actually too ... especially the Kiera Knightly plotline. I thought it was beautiful. But of course Emma Thompson was great as well. :)

ZenDenizen said...

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
Miles Raymond: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any f*cking Merlot!