Saturday, September 01, 2007

Making time to be childlike


DSC_0035
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Did I tell you about the time – oh, about two months ago – when Melanie and I were waiting for something and so decided to use the swings of a nearby playground? It was something I hadn’t done in years, and yet was delightful in its innocence and in-the-momentness.

So yesterday I invested in another such activity: bubble-making.

The timing was perfect this afternoon and Jamie and I broke out the funky wands and squealed like children at our creations. Some of the bubbles were HUGE!!!! They would emerge from the wand in weird lopsided shapes and then (provided they didn’t burst) quickly become perfectly spherical.

I tried to resist getting out my camera, but they were too beautiful or comical to not share. I hope you enjoy these pictures, but moreover I’d love it if you took time out of your busy adult life to do something with the innocence of a child, allowing yourself to live totally in the present moment, and then write me to tell me about it. It will do your heart good, and mine as well.

No extra points for originality – it’s just about being in the NOW. :)

No comments: