Thursday, September 06, 2007

An abbreviated list of things for which I’m grateful today

  • A dental hygienist I can trust. Because man, when all that scraping and cleaning is going on, you need to know that your enamel will be okay and your gums won’t be ripped to shreds.
  • The clean feeling after a dental checkup.
  • Benefits to pay for this twice-yearly cleaning.
  • A trustworthy car in good condition.
  • A trustworthy mechanic.
  • Being able to return someone’s security badge that had fallen off between bus and subway station.
  • Perspective. And trust.
  • Hearing someone I know (a lawyer) be interviewed on the CBC while I driving across the city tonight. Weird/cool coincidence.
  • Tex-Mex food.
  • Water, with a slice of lemon.
  • Not having kidney stones (a co-worker does … ouch!!!!)
  • Patios. With a beer and a great salad.
  • Good people to hang out with.
  • My friend Saif, with his friendly, open manner and interesting conversations, who was one of the reasons I stayed in a club I joined over a year ago. He’s moving to Maryland, but he helped me more than he’ll ever know.

Now ... yours??? :)

2 comments:

Abi said...

i am grateful for the opportunity to read the thoughts and ruminations of a dear overseas friend, the sun in the sky and a fortunate life and all that it entails.

Eclecta said...

Awww ... so nice! I was actually thinking about you on Tuesday! I saw someone whose hair, stature, and manner of dress was much like yours and it make me Abi-sick! [grin]

It's been too long since I've seen you!!!! I hope all is going well in the U.K. - your Flickr site certainly seems full of happy faces and adventures! :)