Wednesday, September 26, 2007

About last night ...

Okay, I know you're thinking I have a lot of nerve rolling in here at 7:30 AM after being incommunicado all night. I'm sure you were sitting up all night in your darkened living room, fussing with the belt of your bathrobe, worried and angry and upset because after all, this is the first day in months and months that I posted NOTHING on my blog ... All I can say is that I'm very sorry and I'll try very hard not to let it happen again.

Enough tongue-in-cheek? :)

Yeah, so last night I had a marathon meeting here in my apartment for an organization to which I belong. There were only four of us, so we had chana masala (though I forgot to add the spinach at the end ... GAH!) and village salad (forgot the olives! Arrrgggh!). I take this as final proof that I am my mother's daughter, as she always seems to forget to put something like the stuffing out on the table during dinner parties (though, to be fair, Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter family dinners are certainly much more complicated than what I was trying to do).

I did remember my lack of blog posting last night, but it was right after I'd collapsed into bed around 1:00AM. In for a penny .... zzzzz is a good synopsis of my thoughts at the time.

Thank goodness I took today as a vacation day - to catch up on blogging, sleep, and all those action items from last night's meeting! :)

4 comments:

Jason said...

You know you are only allowed to use that heading if its in relation to other night time activities right Cynthia?

And the fact that you dosed off means that it couldn't have been that good ;)

ps-too many typos in my other post.. need more coffee..

Eclecta said...

Yeah, I know Jason ... but thanks for pointing this out! LOL

You're just jealous because you weren't invited to that meeting. But it was a good thing, because we talked about you a LOT. :-D

Natalia said...

I am taking tomorrow. Can't wait.

-N

Jason said...

I know i'm always the centre of attention even when i'm not around.. but thanks for reminding me again :)