Thursday, July 12, 2007

Why Natalia is my superhero

I love reading Natalia's blog because she exudes confidence and assertiveness. She inspires me.
Take, for instance, this anecdote from when she was at a concert last night (in case you're curious, it was The Police):

A guy sitting right in front of me decided that he needed a smoke. Instead of leaving the venue, he just lit up in a packed non-smoking arena. Everyone around him stared and grumbled, but no one said a word. No one, that is, except yours truly. To wit:

Me: (After tapping on the stranger's shoulders) Hi. Could you stop smoking, please?
Idiot: (Stunned he is being told off, he takes another puff).
Me: Ummm, yeah, when I said could you stop smoking I meant put the cigarette out. This is a non-smoking venue. Besides, just because you are OK with getting cancer and emphysema, it doesn't mean I am.
Idiot: Just give me a few more puffs.
Me: What are you, two years old? Put the fucking cigarette out and save me the trip to security.
Idiot: (Puts cig out and sulks for the rest of the night).
Brilliant and amazing.

No comments: