Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This isn't New York yet, Toto

So I left for New York this morning (on a 7:14 AM flight – I honestly need to have my head examined) and yet at 6:18 PM, still not in New York … LOL I actually flew into D.C. to meet my friend Melissa, got a whirlwind drive-by tour of Baltimore, spent some time with her two little boys before we escaped the gravitational pull of her family and set off for Newark. (We’re staying in a condo owned by one of Melissa’s friends.)

So early day tomorrow to finally head to New York, and *maybe* another half-day in New York
(depending on how Melissa’s husband is coping back home, LOL) before it’s another race to Baltimore to say good-bye to Melissa’s six-year-old (who has seen me only twice before in his life and yet appears as though he'd be mortally offended if I don't at least say good-bye) before I fly back to Toronto Thursday night. Whew! :-> But it’s been really good to catch up with Melissa and see her family again.

Update: I had dinner in Princeton tonight! As in Princeton, New Jersey, where the Ivy League school is. Kinda cool! Lovely town, beautiful architecture. Sadly, no pictures of places whatsoever, as we drove everywhere, barely slowing down to gawk at beautiful places. But Melissa is being great about trying to show me as much of the eastern U.S. as she possibly can! :)

2 comments:

Tuco said...

7:14a.m. flight? Hmm... did I ever mention that I get up at 4:00a.m. monday to friday to prepare for my commute to Oshawa? : 0

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad. next time, just say STOP! I was afraid of not feeding you and not really thinking about pictures.... sorry!