Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bad blogger

Yes, it's been a while since I've blogged - did you miss me??? Yes, it was all a ploy to make you frustrated with a lack of updates on my blog - and yet you keep coming back - so when finally I do post an update, you're excited and grateful. I'm the kind of person who will toy with you that way. :)

Quick update, as I should be doing things other than blogging, namely sleeping:

  • Both twins are now home with the new mom and dad, and my parents (the freshly-minted grandparents) are now visiting. I don't know much more than what Joe is blogging, so check here for updates. But don't count on many postings, as life seems to be pretty busy for the new family. Aside from the fact that I love hearing news about these babies and spending ridiculous amounts of time staring at their photos, a rarely updated Cranium Outpost makes me look like the most prolific blogger ever. Who says I can't find the silver lining in a cloud???
  • Only three more classes left in my current photography course. Thank goodness. I find the current instructor very frustrating to deal with, and he gives us really stupid assignments every week. STOOPID assignments. Then pleads with us to create photographs with soul, not just pretty pictures. Ah, dude? How about giving us just a little more creative freedom, instead of one bogus theoretical exercise after the other? Grrrrrrr .....
  • For those of us who beat ourselves up for letting a relationship get the best of us and mess us up when we feel we should be strong, independent, etc., a little bit of reassurance (in a sick kind of way). People, if an astronaut can let a relationship f--k up her life this badly, I think most of us aren't doing that badly! (A special shout-out to RB on this one.) Okay, okay, you might argue that this woman is just a nutbar who wore diapers (rather than take bathroom breaks) on the long drive to confront/kidnap/murder the other woman in a bizarre love triangle, but what does this prove except how truly normal the rest of us really are??? LOL
  • Via my online gal-pal Carol, the best time-waster ever! My own works of art:

No comments: