Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Just a little bit more on Hillary

Interesting comments I've read here that I'd like to share:

Quote #1:

Hmph. I'll tell you what my wife the repentant Republican said about Hillary's "tearing up" on camera. She hates Hillary with a capital "b*tch," but after seeing that long clip, Mrs Max said "that's the first time I've ever seen any real humanity from her. Maybe she's not a robot after all. Maybe there's a real person underneath all of this campaign schtick. I'd sure like to think so, if I'm going to have to vote for her in November." I think that moment captured a lot of undecided voters who want to vote for her but were just turned off by the Eveready Battery candidate they have seen for so long.

Simplistic? You betcha. But voters like real people. If Hillary can bring some real humanity into her presentation, she will be even more formidable of a candidate.

Disclosure: I'm an Edwards supporter, so no hidden Hillary agendas being pressed here.


Another voice:
When she teared up, and spoke through it anyway, she had a voice that reminded me that there's a girl in there. A girl, a female human being, and not just a highly programmed robot. It immediately became my all-time favorite Hillary moment because it was real. I'll gladly vote for a woman who can remind me that her essence is that of a girl. I'll vote for that over a robot every time.

A third commenter:
I think this is what a lot of people miss when they complain about the so-called "gender card." It's NOT about feeling sorry for someone because she's being piled on by the media, by the other candidates, or by the mean old Republicans.

It's that she fights her way back every time. No matter what they throw at her, she always fights back.

I'm not sure I'm going to vote for her - I live in Massachusetts and it will be all over by the time I get to the polls - but I sure as hell admire her.

No comments: