Sunday, January 13, 2008

Juno

I went with several friends to see the movie Juno tonight. The BEST movie I have seen in a long time. I will definitely be buying it when it comes on DVD. The acting is just phenomenal - Ellen Page is utterly superb as the lead, and Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, and J.K. Simmons are all wonderful. Alison Janney kicks ass, once again. But so much of the movie relies on the counterpoint provided by Jennifer Garner, who gives the performance of her career. A really smart, funny movie with so much heart.

I'm not going to post the trailer since I think it gives too much away, and one of the many pleasures of this movie is its unpredictability. Don't read a lot about the plot of this movie, just go to see it if you haven't already.

Here's just a little teaser:

5 comments:

donnay said...

That's my NEW FAVOURITE thing to say! "Should've gone to China"

Eclecta said...

Brilliant, Kevin!!! :)

*I* personally can't wait for the opportunity to say that someone is "great in chair" ... :-D

ZenDenizen said...

Noted, definitely want to check it out. Can't believe there will be no Golden Globe awards this year. Is that a big thing in Canada or just the US?

Eclecta said...

No, it's a big deal. See this article. (I particularly like the graphic.)

However, I for one totally understand where the writers are coming from, and I'm glad that the "talent" is supporting them (though it's in their own best interest, as they are starting to negotiate their own contracts). But it seems as though both sides are pretty entrenched at the moment.

Eclecta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.