Monday, December 03, 2007

Rainy, but okay

For those of you who have been following the news of the wet weather - and the resulting flooding - here in the Pacific Northwest, I am thankful to report that all is well in this neck of the woods. We've been watching the local news here, and there is a lot of flooding happening around the state and in Oregon (where wind speeds have been clocked at 129 miles per hour!). This weather is highly unusual, even for the Pacific Northwest.

Tomorrow, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be heading back to Toronto. It's been a great trip. Lorelai and Reece are at that age when only mommy - or often daddy - will do, but I feel like we've had a chance to bond some more and it's certainly been very cool to witness their development and have chances to cuddle, tickle, and hold them. Sometime when they're older, maybe they'll be climbing all over ME and pestering me with questions, and Joe and Lisa will have to try to keep them from barging into my room, etc., and I am very much looking forward to that, but for now it's all real and as things should be, and I'm grateful just to be here.

Since I've been here and focused on babies, I've also had a really good break. No gym, no work, no running here and there, little stress, very little Internet surfing, etc. LOTS of sleep (I think about 10 hours a night!), a bit of reading, eating lots of healthy food, cleaning the kitchen and changing a diaper here and there, and mostly just living in the moment. I highly recommend it.

No comments: