Thursday, May 01, 2008

Defended

It may not be well-documented here, but those who spend much time with me know that I hate confrontation and conflict (In the immortal words of Michael Jackson, "I'm a lover, not a fighter."). I can deal with conflict, but I hate every bloody minute of it, particularly if it means defending myself. I am NOT one of those people who, when someone is about to step on me, immediately responds, "And what the hell do YOU think you're doing???" although I often wish I were.

Anyway, I'm here to say that it felt really good to stand up for myself today. Details will, I'm sorry to say, have to remain a mystery. Although I will give credit to the use of Rescue Remedy and exercises like holding my neurovascular points for helping me do it well, or at least better than I would have otherwise.

Another amazing feeling is the one where you know someone has also stood up for you. Everyone should have that feeling at least once in his or her lifetime.

Lastly, when someone's suckitude is obvious to everyone involved? Huge sigh of relief.

No comments: