Sunday, May 25, 2008

Acupuncture ROCKS

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you about something that happened this week. Here's the setup:

I had this lousy sore throat and on Wednesday the cold moved into my sinuses, which felt achy andvery irritated for about 24 hours. On Thursday evening, I had a standing appointment for some acupuncture, and when I got there we discussed my cold as well. They suggested just adding a couple of needles to the plan, saying that there were some powerful acupuncture points either side of the nose, and using them often cleared up sinus congestion. Right, I thought, not having very high expectations, but every little bit helps. When you're not feeling well, you get a little desperate for even an improvement.

They ended up "threading" the needles so that each one went under the skin between two points. I won't pretend that it was comfortable, but it wasn't painful. I did feel a small electrical current at both needles (like a little shock you would get from touching someone after walking across some carpeting), but within 45 minutes of the treatment, the painful irritation I felt in my sinuses was GONE. As in, no runny nose, no sinus headache.

Amazing stuff - I would highly, highly recommend it.

No comments: