Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Taxes taxes taxes!

Hey, I just started doing my taxes tonight AND I'm completely finished, even have my tax return already submitted electronically! (It helps that I had such a simple return, and the software is - dare I say it? - almost fun to use.) Now all I have to do is sit by with a catcher's mitt and wait for my refund!

Hmmm ... refund ... this is tempting ... I think I'm going to have to squirrel it away very quickly! Otherwise I might be tempted to spend it all on travel (to Europe, finally, and/or British Columbia, but also naturally Seattle ...) or on a new camera (Nikon's D300 is very tempting), or on an assortment of kitchen gadgets like a juicer, a breadmaker, and an electric grinder. But I also have long-term financial goals ... no doubt I'll do something very responsible and conservative with most of it. Some will certainly go to a good cause.

What about you? Are you expecting money or a bill this tax season? And if it's a refund, any exciting plans?

1 comment:

Jason said...

Maybe with my Tax refund I can invest in your used camera after you pick up the D300 :D