Sunday, February 17, 2008

Soup/Casserole Exchange #2

Today was installment #2 of a little soup/casserole exchange some friends of mine and I have started. (I first wrote about it here.) It was again another successful venture. Check it out:


Offerings today:

  • coconut-lentil soup
  • beet soup
  • cabbage rolls
  • chili
  • vegetable-barley soup
ALL vegetarian!!! :)

Furthermore, Alison brought a delicious loaf of homemade cracked-wheat bread - baked just this morning!!! And there might have been a teensy-tiny bit of cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for all near the end.

There are some unexpected benefits to organizing this kind of thing. For instance, Isabelle brought her lovely chili over last night, as she and Ryan had decided to visit her parents out of town this weekend. When she left, I realized that I still hadn't had dinner, had nothing prepared, and at least one of those dishes virtually had my name on it! Ta-daaa! Delivery! :) (It went very well with some black-bean chips I'd purchased earlier in the day, inspired [as always] by my sister-in-law Lisa.)

If you're jealous of me, I will understand. :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Is it possible to get in on this action :)