Monday, February 11, 2008

Drying out

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to try to dry out my ears.

I’m not quite sure how, but sometime over the weekend I must have dunked my head in a bucket of water or something, because I had this persistent sound of water in my inner ears (you know, the sound that’s like a cross between the rumble of the ocean and the rattle of a bag of chips, with the accompanying itch/tickle?). It seems bizarre to me that, despite the uncomfortable and distracting sensations of having excess moisture in both my ears, I can't seem to remember how it got there! Surely I should have noticed????

It was worse in my left ear, so I’d gone to sleep on my left side, hoping gravity would give me a hand. So at 4:30AM today, when woken up by my bladder, I first slid over, neck still twisted to the left, until I got to a box of Q-Tips. At this point, my cat Cleo jumped off the bed and slunk away to someplace where no one would be disturbing HER sleep, while I attempted the delicate extraction of water from my ears (which included crazy head-shaking in the hopes that the centrifugal force would help expel the water [and spare me any accidental puncturing of my eardrum] without causing me a migraine).

So if this blog post is dry, boring, lacking energy, or irrelevant, please remember – I was up at 4:30 this morning trying to swab water out of my ears and even my CAT knew it was ridiculous! :)

No comments: