Monday, February 04, 2008

Live - from suburban Seattle!

Hi there, friends and Internet vagabonds,

So you might have guessed (or not, if you’re not a regular visitor) that I am currently in Seattle visiting my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew. I didn’t make a big announcement about it because I didn’t want robbers to think they could break into my place while I was out of town. But then I realized:

  1. I took all my “valuables” with me to Seattle;
  2. My apartment is being guarded by guard cats – and they’re likely to be rather foul-tempered at this point.

So, yes, I’ve been in Seattle since late Saturday night (I arrived, made 5 minutes of small talk, and then went to bed), and leave WAAAAY too early Wednesday morning. On Sunday, the amazing Monika, Tracy, Jo, and Dave came over for brunch, and it was so great to catch up with them – they are so awesome. Highlights included the best-ever quiche and Monika’s literal re-enactment of her parents’ cat rolling around on the floor (the latter happened too fast for me to take a photo, and, sadly for this blog, she declined my requests for a re-enactment of the re-enactment).

Of course, the stars of every trip here are Lorelai and Reece, and they never disappoint. They are at such a fun age. Like I’ve told Lisa a couple of times today, it makes you feel sorry for the people who just have one baby at a time. :) Joe and Lisa are such wonderful parents and truly delight in these kids. I’ve taken quite a few photos that you can look at here – and you’ll see what I mean.

It’s been a full day, and I’m finding it difficult to write adequately how awesome all members of this family are. So just trust me – I am very lucky to be related to them.

No comments: