Monday, May 02, 2005

BURSTING with excitement!

Tonight I finally got around to booking accommodations for my upcoming trip to the Pacific Northwest. My brother is getting married in the Seattle area the end of May, so I am using this opportunity to also visit British Columbia - a first for me!

I spent a lot of time looking at hotels and B&Bs - they were all pretty expensive. It's hard for me to feel enthusiastic about a trip when in the back of my mind I'm wondering how large a financial vein I've opened ... LOL So I finally found this site for hostels, and they sound clean and simple, but friendly. I've booked two nights at their hostel in Vancouver, and two in the one in Ucluelet (on the ocean side of Vancouver Island, near the Pacific Rim National Park, and lots of whales!!!). It's going to be fantastic, I just know it! :->

And to treat myself for being so good and frugal (and hopefully very busy and active), I'm going to use my AirMiles for one night at this hotel before I go to Washington state to hang out with my brother and his beautiful fiancee. It will be a real treat to stay at such a luxurious hotel, but I think I can handle it! :->

Well, time for me to calm down and get ready for bed ... I might have a hard time falling asleep tonight! LOL

Eclecta

1 comment:

Eclecta said...

Thanks, Bethany! No, I've never been to California, and for years never thought I'd want to go (because of the earthquakes), but lately I've thought about going. Maybe someday! :)