Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Today = Lethargy

The weekend's persistent fatigue turned into full-blown lethargy today. I felt a little woozy on my way into work, so after briefly checking in on things, I headed right back home and slept a significant part of the day away.

This is how bad things were: tonight, I actually watched Gossip Girl on TV, which I would say is probably like a "Beverly Hills, 90210", though I didn't really watch that show either. However, in my own defense, I have to say I was mesmerized by how the lead actress, Blake Lively, looks like my cousin Jennifer (actually, I think Jennifer is prettier). Well, they could be easily be sisters, anyway.

Then I got hooked into watching the show that followed, Pushing Daisies. What an original, entertaining show! And visually it is like the movie Amelie - lots of vibrant colours, especially greens, and interesting decor. Charming actors who, surprisingly enough, are not teenagers - how refreshing! Interesting premise, too - although I have no idea how they'll be able to maintain it. I rather doubt that I'll watch it once I'm feeling better, as I generally don't make time in my schedule for TV any more, but maybe the next time I need to relax and recharge, the season will be on DVD, and I'll be able to enjoy it commercial-free.

Now, time to roam my apartment listlessly for a while before going to bed - again.

No comments: