Monday, October 22, 2007

Day off detail

Okay, so I took today off as a vacation day. Yay!!!! I have the whole evening ahead, but I thought I'd tell you how I've spent the day so far:

  • FLAP patrol - no birds (that is a separate blog post I'm planning)
  • THREE-hour nap (somewhat drug induced, as I took a couple of muscle relaxants before I stumbled back to bed - my shoulders were incredibly painful after hauling bucket after bucket of mulch at a tree-planting event on Saturday)
  • Briefly logged in to work because I forgot to send someone an e-mail on Friday
  • Caught up on some blog reading and played far too many games of Spider on my computer (Spider is my number 1 time-waster ... gaaaaaaaaah!)
  • Did a bunch of shopping:
    • spent over $80 on booze (that will take 2 - 3 months for me to consume):
      • 4 bottles of yummy wine (great for company and gifts!)
      • 1 case of Growers apple cider (sooooo goooood!!!!)
      • 2 6-packs of Guinness (for the health benefits, dontcha know)
    • went to pet store, played with kittens up for adoption (because I'm always that cruel to myself), then spent another $80 on food for the two darlings already at home
    • miscellaneous items at Canadian Tire, including a CD called "Paris Cafe" (because who doesn't love the fantasy of being in Paris????)
    • groceries!
  • Cleaned out my fridge so I could load it up with groceries again. :)
  • Watched an amazing episode of Oprah which featured two incredible people who have cancer. The first, Kris Carr, has a documentary called Crazy Sexy Cancer that will be airing on TLC this Wednesday. Check it out - she is an extraordinary person with an inspiring message for everyone. The other, Professor Randy Pausch, has terminal pancreatic cancer, and yet, in his "last lecture" at Carnegie-Mellon University, chose to lecture on how to live. Wonderfully wise. I then went on to watch all 11 segments of his original lecture, now available on YouTube.
Now off to get more stuff done! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Major coincidences in reading your blog entries tonight: you played with kitties up for adoption; I adoped a rescued kitty on Saturday as Mere's birthday gift (a delightful orange & white sweetie that Mere named Cali). You talked about a CD called Paris Cafe - Jenn and I had dinner together tonight at Cafe Paris. I've already seen the "Crazy Sexy Cancer" documentary (well worth watching). Coincidences related to achy shoulders, wine and spider solitaire pretty much go without saying. Gosh, are we related or something? Marlene

Eclecta said...

Definite parallels ... spooky! :->

Cali is such a great name for a kitten ... I'm so jealous ...

I DID NOT KNOW you had achy shoulders and an addiction to Spider! We should form a support group or something! ;->