Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Adventures at the hair salon

Tonight, at the salon where I get my hair cut (yes, make a mental note to compliment me on my hair the next time you see me – LOL), a couple of unusual things happened.

First, the dude who washed my hair totally sprayed water in both my ears. The second time it happened, I actually jumped. Dude quickly said, “Oh, I’m sorry! Are your ears ticklish?” Umm, every other time my hair has been washed by someone else, they’ve gone out of their way to avoid getting water in my ears, so I guess I was just surprised … “Yeah, I guess so,” was all that I actually said, though. Perhaps I am more passive-aggressive than I would like to believe. But seriously! Has this ever happened to any of you?

Then: another client of my stylist, left as Paul was still cutting my hair. She came over to say good-bye and tucked his tip into his pants. I wasn’t wearing my glasses, but after she left, I asked him if I had seen what I thought I’d seen. In the 15+ years he’s been cutting hair, I don’t think anyone’s ever done that to him before! We had a good laugh over how she’d tipped him as if he were a stripper. (Perhaps that’s how they tip people where she comes from??? [yes, I know I'm reaching ...]) I told him not to even expect me to do the same, even as a joke, since my coordination is so bad that god only knows where my hand might have ended up. He tried to pretend that he was disappointed. LOL

Long day today – time to curl up with a book and go to bed early. Night! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a hair appointment on Saturday. Last time I saw my hairdresser he kissed me on the neck. Okay, I was secretly thrilled, but certainly not compelled to tuck his tip into his pants!