Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Light spills in


Scenes from the forest
Originally uploaded by Rob Millenaar.

Do you ever find yourself overcome by some kind of negativity, whether it be sadness, anxiety, anger, etc. and it totally surprises you? Maybe for something you thought you'd dealt with a long time ago? (Or at least months ago?)

This has been my experience the last few days. It doesn't really matter what it is or why, but for someone who likes to consider herself fairly self-aware, the feeling of clouds pushing down on my head have been a bit of a shock.

So, gradually, determinedly, I'm working through it. Trying to address the thoughts and behaviour patterns that led up to this. Hoping that I can use this experience in a positive way to learn and grow. Maybe this is something I can only handle iteratively, successively deeper each time.

But slowly, light spills in.

No comments: