Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Eclecta baby photo retrospective I

Meeting my brother's children for the first time gave me incentive to get out our old baby pictures. There was one in particular that I thought would show how Reece resembles Joe in his infancy. However, when I got them out, I realized some of them are in rough shape and whatever detail there may have been initially is fading away. So I'm starting to scan what I have, and thought I'd share with you, my breathless reader! :)

I'm going in chronological order (because I'm a linear thinker - get OFF my back! lol). Since I chose to be first, you'll have to wait a day or two to see any pictures of my brother. :)

First, here's me in the hospital, shortly after having a rude introduction to life on earth. Apparently it was even less of an enjoyable experience for my mom; I was close to 10 pounds when I was born! (I don't think she's forgiven me yet!) I love the rooster hairstyle I've got going on here.























This picture makes me think of paintings from centuries ago of hunters holding up their game for display. Not sure what my dad was thinking here, but it looks like I didn't quite know what to think of it back then either. :)

























Doesn't this baby bouncer look like an instrument of torture? If I saw a kid in something like this today, I'd call the Children's Aid Society for sure ... :)
























I really can't say whether these pictures were ever very clear ...
























A fun picture of me and my dad.
























This is one of my favourites. I was obviously born ready to par-tay!
























Okay, time to sign off for now. Stay tuned ... more blurry baby photos to come!

4 comments:

Jay said...

These are so precious!

Apparently I had a very serious accident the first time my mother put me in a jolly jumper - talk about a death contraption!

Eclecta said...

Thanks, Jay!

Death contraption is right ... there just weren't the same standards for safety as there are today ... I look back at some of these pictures, and it makes me realized how much times have changed! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Joe and I just dug out the photo album your mom gave him to do the comparison with the twins. It was such fun.

As for the jumper, we just purchased a toy with a similar idea, but it is FIRMLY attached to the ground. No flying babies in this house...unless they are playing airplane with their parents of course. :-)

Eclecta said...

Lisa,

Ha ha!!! Did my post finally convince Joe that he should dig out the album out of the back of the storage closet? If so, you're welcome! ;->

So do you see much resemblance? :)