Saturday, June 16, 2007

I smell like wood smoke and DEET

I just spent many hours on the Toronto Islands on a picnic with an organization to which I belong. There was much socializing and eating and talking and socializing. And picture-taking. And, toward the end of the day, sitting around a campfire – talking and well, socializing. Really a great group of people. Met some very cool new friends too.

By far the funniest thing I witnessed all day was the following exchange, during a conversation about photography in which Heather grandly announced that she would be willing to pose in the nude. At her friend Sandy’s raised eyebrows, Heather responded, “What? Do you think I was BORN with clothes???”

With perfect timing, Sandy’s immediate rejoinder was: “Yeah, but I’ll bet they slapped some on ya real quick!” LOL

Now I'm home and desperately in need of showering to rid myself of residual smoke and bug spray smells.

No comments: