Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New on my iPod

Have you ever heard the song, “Run for Your Life” by Jarvis Church? (Jarvis Church, incidentally, is the pseudonym of Gerald Eaton, lead singer of The Philosopher Kings). It’s a great song, particularly because of the outstanding talent of his guest performer, Esthero.

You’ve never heard of Esthero? Me neither, until a couple of weeks ago, but I bought her CD, Wikked L’il Girls last week, and I’m really enjoying some of the songs, particularly “If Tha Mood” and “Junglebook”. I highly recommend checking them out. I love the way she blends a big band sound with hip-hop, and how she will go from rock to jazz to Beatles-inspired pieces. Eclectic! :)

P.S. - If you're tempted to spend more money on the disk rather than the download so you can get the lyrics, etc., don't bother. The CD doesn't come with much information and has no lyrics. It's cheaper to download.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of Esthero ever since I saw her in 1998 at Summersault festival. Her album "Breath From Another" is one of my all-time favourite records. You should check it out.

~Yvonne