Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Best pizza EVER

So I have a variety of chopped vegetables ready to go in my fridge from the weekend, because I'm awesome! Tonight, in a variation of the Tantric Pizza I described here, I took a whole-wheat pita (the thin kind), slathered some pizza sauce on it, and heaped slices of red peppers, green peppers, onion, mushroom, zucchini, and broccoli on it. I lightly sprayed the whole thing with some non-stick cooking spray before I popped it into my new toaster oven for about twenty minutes. After the vegetables had sufficiently softened, I added some pineapple tidbits and some cheese, before baking it another 10 - 15 minutes. SOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! I can't say that I miss meat at all.

The broccoli in particular was surprisingly tasty. It makes me wonder why I don't regularly eat roasted broccoli. Try it out if you don't believe me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to turn your blog into a recipe exchange, but ... dry roasted cauliflower with ground cumin and pepper is amazingly good (if you like dry roasted cauliflower with cumin & pepper). Last time I made it, I steamed it a bit first. It was a big hit (at least among the 3 people eating at my table).

Your Cousin, Martha of the North

Eclecta said...

That does sound good! I will have to try it! Thanks, Marlene! :)

Anonymous said...

Gee, how did you know it was me?

Anonymous said...

Well if you love savoury vegetarian pizzas - I need to show you my Pampered Chef recipe for "Garden Ranch" pizza - yum!

~Yvonne