Saturday, June 11, 2005

Shopping

Today I – along with several hundred other people – took refuge from the current heat wave by going to the Eaton Centre for some air-conditioned shopping. There, I noticed two things:
1) There is more pink on the clothing racks than I’ve seen since the early ‘80s
2) All sorts of women dragging their resigned husbands and boyfriends from store to store. What’s the deal with this? I know some men like to shop, but the men I saw yesterday obviously hated every minute of it, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why these women do it. Is it a test? Is it a way to show who’s in control? Could they not be parted from their significant others for even a couple of hours? I don’t like to shop, so my sympathy is entirely with you, fellas …


I Shop Alone. I like running into a store, quickly perusing the racks, and if I don't see anything I like, I waste no time leaving. However, this is impossible to do with a friend. In my experience, every store entry and exit has to be negotiated. I'm all for negotiation except for when the time and energy it requires surpasses the benefit of having that second person there in the first place. LOL

To parody a song currently playing on the radio:

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know what I’ll find
But I need some clothes and I shop alone
I walk this crowded mall
On the Boulevard of teen fashion
Where the city goes
And I'm by myself and I shop alone
I shop alone I shop alone
I shop alone and I shop a-lone

Sorry, I know it's bad ... I'm just too tired to stop myself ... :->


No comments: