Sunday, June 12, 2005

Self-portrait at the beach


Taken on the western shore of Vancouver Island ... It was so cold that I had about 7 layers of clothing. It was the first time I'd ever seen the open ocean, and I spent hours walking the beach, listening to the pounding of the waves, and watching nature (which included THREE bald eagles!). I felt so happy and at peace that I wanted a picture of myself there. Since I was travelling alone and there was no one else around at that moment, I decided to be a little creative and take a picture of my shadow! :-> I think it's hilarious how much bulk there is around my body (for the seven layers of fleece and down), and then my head appears as this small little circle at the top! It was such a great afternoon - among my top 5 ever - that this picture is a treasured souvenir of that time. Posted by Hello

No comments: