Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Introducing Andre Brunet and Martine Billette

I saw this couple perform their traditional Quebecois music last year at the Celtic festival, and they really are the reason why I returned this year. Over the last year, Brunet's CD (with guitarist Eric Beaudry) was one of my favourites - relentlessly cheerful, energetic, and with equal dollops of innocence and mischevousness. Andre Brunet has the sweetest onstage presence of any performer I've ever seen; it is very clear that his passion is this music and sharing it with others.

Again, it might not be for everyone, but I hope you enjoy it.



I don't think you can buy any of their music online, but if you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the mailing address and phone number from their latest CD.

No comments: