Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chana Masala

I know I'm slow on these things, but I've just recently started to enjoy Indian food!

I love this recipe, and it's really easy too.

I never would have thought that I would look at a pot of chickpeas on my stove and think, "Yummy!"*, but there you go ... It shows that even a bad chickpea experience can be overcome! :)

Update: I forgot to mention that I throw random amounts of chopped zucchini in this recipe. And a lot more spinach than the recipe calls for. It's delicious!

* Do people use the word "yummy" any more, or am I just slow on that too? Come to think of it, I haven't heard anyone use "yummy" for a long time, unless it's paired with "mummy". And I'm really not sure what to read into that.

Update to the update: Alert! Alert! This part is a public service announcement for all culinary twits like myself - when the recipe calls for the juice of a lemon, for the love of Pete do not allow any of the pips (seeds) into your concoction! And if you somehow let one of the pips into the food, you can still not eat it. Just now, after feeling like my mouth was going to turn itself inside out to avoid the bitterness of the first pip, I spotted a second one still in the bowl. I momentarily pondered actually eating it so I could scientifically prove that they are one of the most disgusting fruit parts ever imaginable, but then I decided that I'm just not that committed to science.

Now, to appease my tortured tastebuds, perhaps a few cranberries covered in dark chocolate? :)

2 comments:

Jay said...

Mmm, certified yummy.

Eclecta said...

You are very kind ... :)