Friday, July 07, 2006

TD Dream in High Park (Shakespeare in the Park)


Stage for TD Dream in High Park (Shakespeare in the Park)
Originally uploaded by Noisypond.

Last night, I went to see "Comedy of Errors" in High Park. It was fantastic! Fun, fresh, and hysterically funny! And the climax of the play is utterly and spell-bindingly beautiful. Now that I've finally attended one of these things, I will definitely make a point of attending every year from now on!

In case you're considering going, perhaps you'd like to hear the lessons I've learned (some of this I was prepared for thanks to my rockin' friend Kaye):
- bring bug spray. It isn't bad, but I did come away with a couple of mosquito bites
- bring CUSHIONS. Nothing too bulky. But comfy. You'll be sitting a long time.
- go early. The show starts at 8:00 PM. Get there no later than 7:00. On weekends or later in the season, I would recommend getting there by 6:15.
- bring a sweater - it can get cold after dark!
- you can bring a bottle of wine if you're discreet about it.
- bring snacks (grapes and strawberries brought by someone in our group went over well)
- enjoy!!!!

No comments: