Saturday, February 04, 2006

I dream in kittens

In general, I try very hard not to talk or write about my cats. I ardently want to avoid the “cat lady” title. However, I have to share this little discovery: I dream in kittens.

My happy dreams (well, the ones I can remember, anyway) all seem to involve kittens. Finding kittens, playing with kittens, petting kittens, watching kittens, introducing a kitten to my household (which always plays out far more favourably in my dreams than it would in real life), my oh my what to do with all these kittens?

Themes of my life before turning 23 (or so) were mostly anxiety, loneliness, depression, confusion, and the wonders of living on a farm with a barnful of cats (with, from time to time, horses and dogs). Kittens being found in the bales of hay and straw, kittens being tamed, kittens providing hours and hours of entertainment, cuddles, and comfort. So it doesn’t surprise me that I still dream of them. I welcome these dreams, because they are always joyful.

Why not use the Comments to tell me and the rest of the online community about your happy dreams? (but spare me the boring sexual innuendo! lol)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eclecta, sorry I have not spoken to you lately. I was so amazed that you dream in kittens too. Mine take a turn for the worse though, as in too many kittens to feed, sick kittens to look after, mangey dirty ones etc. It is a very stressfull dream. Hope to hear from you soon. Love Liz

Anonymous said...

ok was googleing kitten dreams because i too dream of kittens, at least 3 times a week, sometimes every other night. and i am always worried about the kittens being too thin, getting enough to eat, getting crushed, etc. they are alternatly stressful but also can be sweet because i love kittens and cats. can anyone tell me what this means. every dream dictionary seems to tell me deceptions await, but i am not sure if that applies to my specific dream. any help would be greatly appreciated. Bryn pixiepye@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh My if any one of you find the ansew to this please let me know. I also keep dreaming of kittens. Last night my dream was when my oldest son was a little boy and he was outside of my moms house with a bunch of kittens some were gold and white and I remember one was a very light blue with some gold in the shouler area and some white around the neck and paws. The kids were playing and watching them. Then there appeared some cats and we were going to find homes for them the kittens were in the car and 2 cats in the trunk. When we pulled over the cats came out of the trunk and they were all happy and clean and friendly and lovable all through my dream. Then I woke up. Not sure but all the interpetations I find say deceipt is on the way or they say To dream of kittens, denotes abominable small troubles and vexations will pursue and work you loss, unless you kill the kitten, and then you will overcome these worries.
I could never kill a kitten and love cats so does anyone know what my dream is trying to tell me?

Anonymous said...

THIS KITTEN THING HAS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE...I KEEP DREAMING OF KITTENS TOO.. ONLY THERE IS USUALLY ONLY ONE IN MY DREAM FER NIGHT..I DONT OFTEN REMEMBER MY DREAMS BUT THE LAST FEW HAVE ALL BEEN KITTEN DREAMS..THE LAST ONE I REMEMBER WAS HAVING ONE TAKEN FROM ME..I JUST REMEMBER FEELING SO LOST AND HURT WHEN IT DIDNT COME TO ME..I TOO WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY THESE KITTENS KEEP APPEARING IN MY DREAMS...

Anonymous said...

i see kittens in my dreams, its so fuckin disturbing! the kittens either suffocate and die, or sometimes i'm holding one in a moving car, the car door opens and the kitten falls and half of it's body get cut off and i'm left holding it's uper half and its still alive -so disturbing. or im just hiding kittens in my locker. and last night i saw two kittens in my dream, one of them was coming towards me and its leg just fell off and it kept tryin to walk with one leg missing. i swear i hate kittens in my dreams, they'r the weirdest, freakiest shit ever! in real life tho, i'm a sucker for cute little kittens, i adore them!
these r drivin me crazy. if anyone figures wat this whole kitten thing is abt, i'd appreciate being informed. my email is qt_haboona@hotmail.com
thanx!