Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thoughts on the Tour de France

I've started watching Le Tour de France. I will admit that I've been drawn in by Lance Armstrong's compelling personal story (and even more compelling good looks! ) I still can't figure out exactly how the scoring/rating works, but what a sport! The strength, the stamina, the doggedness, the sheer bloody-mindedness that this competition demands!!!! It's fascinating and inspiring.



Anyway - er - ahem ... what was I saying ... oh yes, don't understand the sport too much (and despite Internet searches over the weekend for some sort of primer or TDF101 article), but I find it very cool. It's obvious based on the fans actions on the side of the road that they have a tremendous appreciation for the talent and skills of the competitors. Apparently cycling in Europe is considered a "macho" thing, and I can understand why! It's no wimp who can compete in the TDF!

Well, work is really busy (my boss is away on vacation), so either I call it an early night and go gung-ho early tomorrow, or I do at least an hour of work tonight before I go to bed. Somehow I think bedtime is going to be earlier rather than later!

:->

C.

No comments: